Pages

17 June 2012

Me as a Miler

Today I ran 8.5 miles! A few months ago it wouldn't have been a big deal, but that was before my IT band starting melting down. Now it seems like I'm getting back to normal, and to celebrate, I registered for the Disney Marathon in January.

I decided to run Disney a few weeks ago but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. Then Sean started getting on my case about it. I told him I was worried that my MS was getting worse and maybe I couldn't run another marathon. He put it like this: whether or not my MS gets worse, if I act like I'm going to run Disney, the months leading up to it will be better than if I act like I'm getting sicker and don't push myself to do anything. It's hard to argue with that.

Yesterday Maple and I ran a 1.8-mile fun run. It was a blast and it finished on the high school track, just like Western States.

This week I'm going to start doing speed workouts with my running club to get ready for the Mass Ave Mile race at the end of July. And I'm kinda sorta thinking about running a half marathon in a few weeks when Sean runs the Mad Marathon in Vermont. It's an extremely hilly race and I am not really in great shape to run a half, but I might run it anyway as a training run. Don't tell my PT.

2 comments

  1. 8.5 miles is awesome!!! If I could stand Disney, I'd totally come run with (near) you in January ... but I hate Disney and those crowds so I'll have to settle for cheering from here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you - I don't like the idea of going there but Maple really wants to so I am doing the marathon as a way to deal.

      Delete