- I ran my first "long" run of this training cycle today, and exceeded my goal pace. Long runs are supposed to be a bit faster than easy runs in the Hansons plan (10:15-11:00 for "easy", 9:53 for "long").
- I did today's run after volunteering at a local trail race, which required hiking a couple of miles, managing Maple, and screaming for 2 hours. (This kind of thing usually requires a day of rest to recover from, so the fact that I ran 10 miles afterward is quite an achievement for me.)
- I ran almost 38 miles this week, my highest mileage week ever.
- This week's training went perfectly.
- I'm not injured! Nothing hurts!
- This week I hit 1000 running miles for 2012.
- I've finally landed on the Asics GT2170 as the right shoe for me, and my feet and legs are finally happy. (It took me a while to learn that this minimalist trend doesn't work for me and my corkscrew legs.)
In other news... I got to run with my girls on Tuesday at the track, which was excellent, even though Ruth tried to kill me with a nutty sprint finish on the last interval. Maple did a track workout on Tuesday and then she joined dailymile and is now tracking her runs. And someone flipped a switch somewhere and now I am SO HUNGRY ALL THE TIME.
Here's my training for the week:
|7||4 easy||6.4 (speed - 8x600)||off||7 (5@MP)||4 easy||6.5 easy||10 long||37.9|
Next week will be very similar to this week, with some additional miles on Monday and Friday. Bring it!