Such a flattering picture of my giant legs right? They aren't really that big.
Yesterday, for the first time ever, my speedwork didn't go well and I didn't complete the workout. I had GI issues at the start and my posterior tib tendon (on the inside of my ankle) was sore. I am trying not to dwell on the fact that I didn't do all my mile repeats. I tried to be smart and stop running before I hurt myself. It was hard to make that call because speed is my favorite. But I've iced and stretched and done some calf raises, so lets hope tomorrow is better!
Here are some random things that are making me happy today:
- I splurged on 2 new pair of shoes today: Brooks Ravenna 4 and Mizuno Inspire 8 (on sale!). I have struggled a lot with running shoes because my legs are so weird. You can read more about that here. The first run with new shoes is so much fun, and I've got one coming up in less than twelve hours!
- I like to read people's archives and old race reports, and I loved reading about Green Girl's breakthrough half marathon. This was so inspiring! I know I have a breakthrough in me too.
- Susan, a fellow athlete with MS, says that dope is her drug of choice. (And it's not about medical marijuana.)
- Coach Erin wrote recently about the magic secret to becoming a faster runner. If you want to make a big change in your life, forget all this "5 easy ways" crap and just read this.
- Sean likes to say we are living in a world where people have traded in their souls for self-esteem. I love that. I mean, I wish it weren't so, but I think it's really smart.
- Tomorrow I'm going to try running at the indoor track at my local high school. The treadmill is starting to drive me crazy.
What's making you happy today?