Pages

01 August 2013

I Believe I Can Fly

Things are getting pretty exciting around here. We're moving to Washington in FOUR days. We have a whirlwind weekend planned which includes a birthday sleepover, an overnight trip to visit my grandma in upstate New York, my last day of work (tomorrow) and a million little chores to do before we walk out of our house forever, bright and early Monday morning.

Each day I get more and more excited for the move (road trip!), the new job, and the new town. We check Zillow about 17 times a day to see if there are any new houses on the market in our target neighborhood. It's fun. The moroseness I was feeling early last week has faded. I'm moving on.

In running news, I am super excited to announce that I will be running for Oiselle this year! Wowzers. I am so looking forward to meeting the other birds ("oiselle" means "bird" in French). After trawling #oiselleteam on twitter, I feel like I got 100 new sisters today!

I started shopping for races in Seattle, and it's likely that there will be a trail race in my future! I'm planning to focus on shorter races this fall. With all the changes in my life, I'm going to spend fewer hours a week running, but more time doing speed! Work. Speedwork.

3 comments

  1. Yes welcome to the team, so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have lots of exciting things going on! Congratulations on running for Oiselle. That's awesome. Best wishes with the move, hope it goes smoothly for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic news! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete